Avoiding Foolish & Excessive Words
…..let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient:
but rather giving of thanks
01. Psalm 39:1 I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
02. Psalm 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
03. Proverbs 10:8 The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating (talkative) fool shall fall. 9 He that walketh uprightly walketh surely: but he that perverteth his ways shall be known. 10 He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.
04. Proverbs 10:19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
05. Proverbs 12:23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.
06. Proverbs 13:3 He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction.
07. Proverbs 13:16 Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: but a fool layeth open his folly.
08. Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
09. Proverbs 17:27 He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit. 28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
10. Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
11. Ecclesiastes 5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool’s voice is known by multitude of words.
12. Ecclesiastes 10:3 Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.
13. Ecclesiastes 10:11 Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better. 12 The words of a wise man’s mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself. 13 The beginning of the words of his mouth is foolishness: and the end of his talk is mischievous madness. 14 A fool also is full of words: a man cannot tell what shall be; and what shall be after him, who can tell him?
by Curt Wildy