Elder Angelo Demma
The Lord’s Day – 04/10/2016
48m 21s | John 16:1-12
John 16:1-12 “These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you. 5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? 6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.”
Listen (MP3): Sin, Righteousness, and Judgement
- It is expedient, good and profitable.
- The Lord shall return to Heaven, John 16:25-29/Acts 1:9:11
- The Holy Spirit will be sent. The Holy Spirit has always been. He is the third person of our blessed Triune God and has been in the creation of all things out of nothing as a joint creator with The Father and The Son. He is the spirit of prophecy that moved through Holy Men of old in the writing of The Old Testament. He had been given to Christ without measure. (Genesis 1:2/2 Peter 1:21/John 3:35)
- The comforter, a guide. John 16:25; 14:26
- The caustic nature of sin, righteousness and judgement
- What is Biblical Sin? Gen 3/1 John 3:4; 5:17 Example Ex 20
- What is Biblical Righteousness? (2 Chronicles 12:6/ Ps 7:9/Jer 9:24/Dan 9:14/Jer 23:6)
- What is “Biblical” Judgement? Ps 51:4/Eccl 12:14 and if we judge… John 7:24/Lev 19:15
- The Spirit’s work in rebuking the world.
- Mainly the Jews, secondly all non-believers. Reproved/Rebuked to eternal convicts. John 1:11/Is 53:3 The greatest sin “Unbelief.”
- Personified righteousness came to earth and they missed it. John 1:10, 18/Ex 3:20 It’s always been the case. Acts 7:51
- The “prince of this world is judged (Satan). Matt 28:12/Gen 3:15 Judgement executed.