Biblical Flat Earth Proofs [Revelations & Job]

Biblical Flat Earth Proofs [Revelations & Job]

earth-wax-sealIntroduction:

The following information was shared by a man named Dan West. I proceeded to verify it via Scripture to see if these things were so; for me, it is quite clear, yet, I encourage you to judge for yourself. The points are simple, (1) In Job, God uses language that indicates that the formations of the earth, even the entirety of it (to the ends of the earth) is like unto the impression made when a signet ring is stamped into clay and (2) In Revelations, God uses a word that denotes the flat expanse of the earth, a word that is the source of our English (and French) word plateau, a flat, elevated, stretch of land.

Earth Like The Seal of A Signet-Ring:

Job 38:4-14-20 “Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations, the bases, the pedestals [H134/’eden] thereof fastened, sunk down (as in water), sealed, impressed as a seal [H2883/taba’/Hophal Perfect]? or who casted, laid, set [H3384/yarah] the corner, chief, bulwork, stay, tower [H6438/pinnah] stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? 8 Or [who] shut up the sea with doors [gates], when it brake forth, [as if] it had issued out of the womb? 9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, 10 And brake up for it my decreed [place], and set bars [e.g. the bars of the doors/gates] and doors [gates], 11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? 12 Hast thou commanded the morning [break of day, end of night] since thy days; [and] caused the dayspring [dawn, morning] to know his place; 13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? 14 It is turned, transformed, turned this way and that [h2015/haphak/Hithpael Imperfect] as clay [to] the seal, signet, seal/signature-ring [h2368/chowtham]; and they stand, are stationed [h3320/yatsab/Hithpael Imperfect] as a garment. 15 And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken. 16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth? 17 Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death? 18 Hast thou perceived the breadth, wide expanse [H7338/rachab] of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all. 19 Where [is] the way [where] light dwelleth? and [as for] darkness, where [is] the place thereof, 20 That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths [to] the house thereof?

H134/’eden: base, pedestal, socket (strong, firm); pedestals of gold on which marble pillars were set; pedestals of the earth, foundation of the earth; pedestals, bases, or sockets on which tabernacle stood.

H2883/taba’/Hophal Perfect: to cause to sink; properly, to sink, to press in to any soft material such as clay; hence, to impress a seal, to seal; also used in the sense of drowning (in water) to sink, settlem or fasten.

H3384/yarah: to throw, cast; to cast, lay, set; to shoot arrows; to throw water, rain.  Properly, to flow as water (i.e. to rain); transitively, to lay or throw (especially an arrow, i.e. to shoot); figuratively, to point out (as if by aiming the finger), to teach:—(+) archer, cast, direct, inform, instruct, lay, shew, shoot, teach(-er,-ing), through.

H6438/pinnah: an angle; by implication, a pinnacle; figuratively, a chieftain:—bulwark, chief, corner, stay, tower.

H2015/haphak/Hithpael Imperfect: to transform oneself, to turn this way and that, turn every way. https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H2015&t=KJV

H2368/chowtham: a signet; seal; seal-ring; signature-ring.

H3320/yatsab/Hithpael Imperfect: to station oneself, take one’s stand, stand, present oneself, stand with someone

H7338/rachab: breadth, broad or wide expanse

Earth Like A Flat, Level Plateau:

plateau
Revelation 20:9 “And they went up on the breadth, width [G4114/platos] of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.”
G4114/platos: breadth, width; as used in addition with length, depth, and height in Ephesians 3:18. Note: it is from the root word G4116/platys [pronounced plah-toose] which means broad or wide but also spread out “flat” (“plot”). It is the source of our English (anglo/norman) word plateau (n.) which is an “elevated tract of relatively level land,” from French plateau “table-land,” from Old French platel (12c.) “flat piece of metal, wood, etc.,” diminutive of plat “flat surface or thing,” noun use of adjective plat “flat, stretched out” (12c.), perhaps from Vulgar Latin *plattus, from Greek platys “flat, wide, broad.” https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4114&t=KJV / https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?strongs=G4116&t=KJV / http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=plateau

7 comments for “Biblical Flat Earth Proofs [Revelations & Job]

1. M. Alan
    September 20, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Are you familiar with preacher Frank Hall in North Carolina?

• September 20, 2017 at 11:30 pm

Now I am (as of the last couple of days) and wish him, 100%, the best… supporting him and Pastor Eric Richards in San Diego These men need our prayer heavily!

2. Michael
    January 5, 2018 at 11:41 am

Hello,
    I am a Biblical Flat Earther and Reformed in my soteriology.
    I was silenced by the Presbytery and have been out of the church for eight months.
    I have no fellowship now apart from interactions online, and many of the Christians are Non-Trinitarians.
    In fact, heresy is spreading like wildfire through the FE movement so when I saw your site I rejoiced in my spirit.
    I need to be among sound Christians who are not blown about by every wind of doctrine.
    I long for a confessional based FE group, is there a possibility you can start a forum.
    I was also removed from puritanboard when I shared that my church had silenced me.
    Its been a hard eight months and my wife still attends our old church and is not a FE advocate.
    Anyway, thank you for your time and may God bless your ministry which is sorely needed right now.

• January 22, 2018 at 1:45 am

Michael!!! STAY BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL YOU SAY I AGREE!!!!!!! I am on Face Book brother and my name is Jody Midgley!!!!!

• January 23, 2018 at 4:43 am

Thank you Jody, it’s very encouraging to know that there are other Christians like yourself who believe in Flat Earth and are also sound in doctrine. My facebook presence is Dither Zetetic and I live on the Gold Coast in Australia. I am a member of FE Friends which also has a few Christians on it. It seems to me that there is a real need for good teaching among the FE community, many new believers are being caught in the snares of what can only be described as a form of Christian Mysticism which is the same old Gnostic heresy all over again. Some of these new FE converts are unteachable and listen to no one, they are anti-church, anti-doctrine, anti-Trinitarians. Although God has allowed this delusion of the globe earth for 500 years, we both understand that this does not mean that Christ has abandoned His church on earth as the gates of hell will not prevail against it.
        Thank you again for your encouraging words and we will talk more in the future God Willing. 🙂

3. August 30, 2018 at 1:53 am

I have heard people saying that FE is a Muslim teaching in is in their Koran. I personally believe it as describes in the Bible, but others trash this a Muslim teaching.

• September 22, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Sadly, the growing norm seems to be to trash (or to “troll”) the things one does not understand. Far too many, professing Christians and otherwise, are quick to mock/ridicule/scoff/dismiss what they do not rightly comprehend. At this point, I mostly just let them be (though, having an interest in cognitive psychology, observing their reactions and ‘reasonings’ can give greater insight into their thought processes). I found myself having to spend more time correcting their own faulty understanding of the heliocentric model than on educating them on the biblical creation model. Too many people insist upon nonsense (e.g. “I see the curvature from planes, or from my building, or from the hilltop'” “I don’t think [the generally accepted refraction calculations] are accurate; “I don’t think [the scientifically accepted calculation for determining the earth’s supposed curvature] is accurate,” “I do not believe that gravity has no effect on horizontal velocity (despite mainstream science maintaining this argument, which they do to their detriment, because it helps to refute the globe model)” etc.). The best thing is to discourse with those open to it and to just leave it alone with those whom God hasn’t made ready. We are growing in number… rapidly. There are plenty who will hear us… no sense getting sidetracked by those who won’t. Remember, the flat earth truth doesn’t stand alone — it makes for a great segue into promoting the True Christ and Gospel.